How I Manage To Blog Without Spending a Penny


Talking about the things that go on behind the scenes when blogging is something many bloggers feel wary of, and I, like many, tend to keep what happens behinds the scenes away from my content - people don't usually want to know how difficult it is, they just want your voice, your thoughts and your words, but there's been something that's been mentioned more within the last 6 months than has ever mentioned before, and that's how much it costs to blog. I however, have a confession.

It costs me nothing to blog than it would to not blog.*

*Not inclusive of giveaways.

This isn't the same for everyone. For starters, I use Blogger, which costs me nothing. It's a free platform that means I get to do what I love without it costing me anything. I also haven't paid for any design work or programs - I do it all myself from skills I've learnt, picked up and watched other people use. I don't have a private domain name which costs me anything annually. Everything I need to help me blog costs me nothing at all. The only real thing I actually have to pay for when it comes to blogging is the books I buy, and even then, I don't really have to buy books, I can use the library and they'll be completely free. I guess what I'm trying to say is:

Blogging doesn't have to cost you anything but time


It's true, time can cost more than anything else when it comes to blogging, and it's the same as anything, no matter how much you enjoy something, sometimes you do want it to be for something other than just joy, but really, blogging is something that was started because people loved doing it, they wanted to share their feelings and their thoughts, their likes and dislikes, and it didn't cost them anything, that's why it became such a common thing to see, and I can completely understand why people would choose to spend money on it, but it's not a vital part of blogging.

You can choose to spend money on your own domain name, but you don't need it, Stacie and I get views from google searches all the time, just because our blog name is easily searchable. You can choose to spend money on a blog design, but you don't need to do it, there's millions upon million of blogs out there that have tutorials, that talk you through how you can create and design your own look, without costing you a penny. You can choose to want your own space, to own that space, that isn't dictated by a company, such as Blogger, but it's not something you have to consider, as long as you follow the terms and conditions, you can be easily blog in a space that isn't owned by you and not have any issues. I guess in the end, it's down to preference and what you would rather, I've seen many bloggers talk about how it costs them to blog and they get very little thanks for it, and I've seen people underestimate bloggers and what it is that we do, but it's a choice you make, not a forgone conclusion.

What are you thoughts on blogging and costs?

Please bare in mind that these opinions are mine and mine alone and not meant to insult.
Please be respectful of other peoples opinions and thoughts in the comments below.
0 Komentar untuk "How I Manage To Blog Without Spending a Penny"

Back To Top